Your Windows system may be set to project in Extended mode. You can configure it to project in Duplicate mode. Use the Windows Key + P keyboard shortcut to open the Project menu and select Duplicate.
Articles in this section
- Clear Miracast profiles from Registry in Windows 10 with PSTools
- After connecting, why am I only seeing my desktop background with no icons on the TV/Projector display?
- I can't hear any audio or sound on my HDTV after ScreenBeam connection is established.
- I cannot turn off my HDTV and/or the HDTV automatically switches to the HDMI input that ScreenBeam receiver is connected to.
- I'm seeing choppy and/or there are brief pauses during playing Internet video on my Miracast device. How can I resolve this?
- Mosaic or distorted video or image occurs on TV when using Miracast devices.
- My device connects to ScreenBeam, but all I see on my TV is a black screen.
- TV may temporarily display a black screen after ScreenBeam boots up or upon wireless display connection.
- While trying to connect I receive the message “Oops, Something Went Wrong” or “Unable To Connect”, what should I do?
- Why am I experiencing stuttering video and out−of−sync audio on my laptop/tablet when connected to ScreenBeam?