What Is This Guide For?
This guide will help you quickly setup ScreenBeam’s Central Management System (CMS). We will cover the basics of installing the CMS application, configuring your receivers to communicate with the CMS, and setting up a web server to host firmware and image files
This guide will only cover the basic setup of CMS, your environment may require additional customization. For a more comprehensive guide, please refer to the CMS User Guide here, or contact email@example.com for further assistance.
ScreenBeam Central Management System is the control hub for managing your entire ScreenBeam solution. There are a few components that make up CMS:
- Windows PC, Server, or VM running the ScreenBeam CMS application
- Web server to host your image and firmware files (can be the same machine as the CMS server)
- ScreenBeam receivers
Before We Begin
Make sure you have the following ready before we begin the CMS setup.
- Windows PC/Server/VM to install the CMS application. The server should meet or exceed the following specs:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or Server 201x
- Core i3 or equivalent processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free HDD space
- Stable 100/1000 Mbps ethernet connection, or 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless network
- Static IP address
- An available web server.
- The server will be used to host files, such background image or firmware update files, that are configured on the receivers.
- The server must be on a network that is accessible from the network that will be used on the ScreenBeam receivers.
- Access to the network firewall. Ports may need to be opened to the CMS server for communication to the ScreenBeam receivers.
- TCP port 7237: to communicate with the ScreenBeam receivers for configuration
- TCP port 7238: for uploading logs to the CMS server
Note: These ports are the default values and are customizable